Saturday, July 26, 2008

Joe definitely has a green thumb!!



So, here my chance to brag about my husband. First of all we celebrated his birthday this week. He has been able to golf a little more this year so he asked for a new golf bag. We also had lunch at Red Robin which is his favorite hang out spot. (I think this goes way back to the teenage years) Who doesn't love bottomless fries? And of course we had to squeeze in a little strawberry shortcake for desssert. For those of you who don't know, Joe is NOT a big dessert fan, which is one of the areas where we are very different!!! So, of course I take any opportunity to squeeze in a yummy dessert that he will actually eat and enjoy. (This is one of the few he requests) Happy Birthday babe!! I love you! So, on to the picture. Joe has worked REALLY hard in our garden this year and we are seeing amazing results. It makes me happy to see that he has inherited some great wisdom from his two grandfathers who always had amazing gardens! We all get so excited to go out and find something new. Last night I blanched and froze two quarts of green beans. (we had to eat the first few batches) And the most excitement came from seeing the silk on our corn. (for those of you who might not know what this means...we are about 18 days away from having yummy corn on the cob for dinner!!) YIPPEE!!!

7 comments:

Carol and Gary said...

I love Meg's and Carter's Corners... Two more athletes
like their Dad...
Also is am impressed on who is Blogging at 5:00 AM..
Good work... Keep it up..
Your garden looks amazing! Proud of you! Your Grandfathers would be proud of you also!!!

The Thomas Family said...

Holy garden!!! That is soo great! I'm jealous. Joe I had no idea you had a green thumb, but I'm not surprised at all. Your a talented guy.
Your b-day sounded fun. Good old R&R (Red Robin). :)Ohh I miss the days of hanging out there after dances back in the day.
Happy late B-day bro. I hope you got my message. I was thinking of you.Love you!

Mel said...

Wow! I am jealous of your garden! It is beautiful! Good job Joe! I wish we had more room and little more warmer weather....but our little garden is doing pretty good.

So fun to have you guys here...too bad it went so fast. Happy Anniversary! You guys are definitely a perfect match!

homegirl said...

Happy Birthday Joe! I'm impressed with the gardening skills!

Kristen said...

Oh Jenn, we really need to get together someday just so we can be dessert buddies once again.

And Joe, Happy B-day and what an awesome garden!

Kim Chapman said...

Can Joe come out and plant a garden for us? He might have to bring a shotgun though to tend with the rabbits!

Megan said...

we are impressed with the garden...and Happy Birthday Joe. You guys are still favorites of ours and we miss you. Your kids are darling and that baby is growing so fast! When is #5 due?