Friday, June 26, 2009

One day at a time!

I can't even tell you how many times I have sat down to post and have never made it to publishing. FIVE KIDS!!! That's my answer to all of you out there wondering where I've been. Let me say that I really do LOVE having my kids out of school for the summer. I love all the fun that summer brings yet my days are filled to the max and it seems like we don't even get much done. So, I won't even try to go back and make up for lost time but I just picked out a few recent pics to let you know we are alive.

New rule in our home...CLOSE the bathroom door. Leah loves to unroll the toilet paper. Many times we have found her with the whole roll trailing behind her. It's pretty cute. Does it get any better?
This is Carter with his 5th grade teacher Mrs. Hogle. It's crazy to think that he only has one more year of elementary school. Yikes!! He went to webelos woods with his dad a few weeks ago and is almost done with his arrow of light. He is SUCH a great helper! He also started taking piano lessons. Did I mention that I got a piano for mother's day? It's been a dream of mine to have one and it's fun to see Carter so excited about playing. He loves it.
Emily performed in the "Cinderella" ballet this year as a cobbler. She loved the costume, hair, and make-up but the best part was that she got flowers afterwards. She has already decided that she wants to pursue gymnastics in the fall and hang up the ballet slippers for now.

Megpie got to hike the Y with her dad as an achievement day activity. They had a fun time. Meg has also joined the swim team and is swimming in her second meet this weekend. It has been really good for her.

This is a daily occurance around here. Leah loves to feed the horses that are in a field right by our house. They have come to recognize her and coming trotting right over for their carrot when they see her.

No comments: