Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Meg!

Yesterday our sweet Meg turned 8!! This is one of my favorite baby pictures of her! She was sooo tiny and I love how peaceful she looks sleeping on her daddy's arm. When Joe and I were newly married we taught primary together. We had a little girl in our class that was a great example to us. Her name was Meg. She was polite, lovable, happy, and had a love for the gospel. Both Joe and I were so impressed with her. That is where we got the name for our first daughter. I remember the day that I went into labor with her. She was two weeks early which came as quite a surprise because Carter was a week late. I went into the hospital and was told that they would "watch" me for an hour and if nothing changed then they would send me back home. Joe and I waited in this tiny room and watched "Who Wants to be a Millionaire". That was a really big show back then. Well, right when the contestant won the million dollars my water broke. So, needless to say, they didn't send us home. Meg Lauren was born that evening...I even missed my own baby shower. My good friend Lisa still had the party without me and was so sweet to bring everything to the hospital the next day. Meg was born with a head full of dark hair! She had a true knot in her chord which was a little scary but luckily everything was fine. I have learned so many things from this sweet young lady. Thinking about it I would have to say that one of the biggest lessons I have learned from her is patience. She is a lot like me...determined and very independent. I learned very early that it didn't matter if her clothes matched because she wanted to be able to pick them out. Meg is a GREAT helper. She loves to help me cook, clean, and organize. Her favorite color is BLUE. Her favorite fruit is watermelon. She loves steak and pasta. Meg loves anything crafty. She has the most pure blue eyes of anyone in the family. She wished for a skateboard for her birthday. We are so proud of you Meg. You are such an achiever yet don't like to be recognized in the spotlight. I am anxious for your Baptism. Thank you for your example to your younger sisters and big brother. We all love you so much! Happy Birthday to you!

4 comments:

Becki said...

Happy Birthday Meg!! The Pedersen fam loves you. Have a wonderful day and baptism.

Kelly M said...

Happy Birthday Meg!

Hugs from mom said...

Happy Birthday Meg! You are such a wonderful girl and a great friend.

Kim Chapman said...

Happy Birthday, Meg, Megpie, Meg Leg. We love you!